Since 2007 AquaMOD Ltd staff have been using open source GIS on a daily basis. All of our hydraulic modelling projects, designing and general data management activities have been greatly supported by geospatial data processing.
The specific knowledge and the experience we have gained over the years give us confidence to offer a number of technical services in the field of GIS - geospatial data processing and technical aid in adopting contemporary open source software for GIS.
The AquaMOD Ltd team uses a wide range of high-end GIS tools (based on open source software) at a professional level. We have knowledge and extensive experience in creating and transforming data into contemporary geospatial formats:
- data structuring, vectorising and georeferencing of information from hard copies and various digital formats such as topographic maps, cadastre drawings, linear infrastructure maps and much more;
- pre-processing, scaling and georeferencing of raster images along with digital data extraction;
- creating DTMs, DEMs, GRIDs, TINs and so on;
- various types of geospatial data analysis, building geospatial data connections, geocoding and much more.
We provide the data in almost all of the contemporary GIS formats - ESRI SHP, MapInfo TAB, PostGIS and more. For more information please contact us.
We know well how difficult it could be for start-ups, small enterprises, municipal administrations and communities to implement modern GIS technologies into their daily life. Very often it would require significant efforts and financial resources along with finding highly qualified personal. We have been on the same road as well. Therefore as of 2014, AquaMOD Ltd offers special technical and educational services in implementing open source software for GIS.
IMPORTANT: We have developed these services specifically for the Bulgarian companies and public administrations! If you are a foreign company please contact your local Open Source GIS service providers.
The services we offer aim at providing basic knowledge and skills along with setting up simple yet robust geospatial software infrastructure thus making the GIS affordable and easily accessible technology.
AquaMOD Ltd offers:
- setting up and configuring open source GIS software on client's workstations - QGIS, GRASS GIS, LibreOffice and others;
- conducting a wide range of customized training in accordance to the Client's needs and initial knowledge;
- providing basic technical support in Client's daily operations such as support in creating GIS content, validating GIS data, providing technical help in using the software.
In practice the implementation of open source GIS leads to:
- setting up and configuring servers for spatial data workgroup management and storage, as well as for providing web mapping functionalities;
- basic technical support, remote administration, software upgrade support, and others.
Depending on the selected services AquaMOD Ltd. will introduce you to the world of GIS at prices below Euro 10 000 for a complete small office solution. For further information please contact us...
The WEB MAP presented here is just a simple example. The map shows a simulated sewer system in a Bulgarian village analyzed by AquaMOD Ltd as part of a feasibility study carried out recently. The geospatial data is stored in a PostgreSQL / PostGIS RDBMS and published to the web using GeoServer, GeoExt, GeoWebCache and others. It took us about 10 min to set it up and make it public. The map and its software components are currently hosted on a virtual machine at AquaMOD Ltd office so it might be inaccessible from time to time. In the case of a problem simply try again later...
QGIS - powerful desktop application for creating, analyzing and managing geospatial data;
GRASS GIS - with more than 30 years of continuous development it brings unparalleled number of geospatial tools and functionalities (very well integrated within QGIS);
LibreOffice - a world leading open source office productivity suite;
SpatiaLite - personal SQL RDBMS for geospatial data processing (fully supported in QGIS);
PostgreSQL - the world's most powerful open source SQL RDBMS with direct support in QGIS and LibreOffice;
PostGIS - spatial database extender for PostgreSQL object-relational database adding more than 700 geospatial SQL functions!;
GeoServer - an open source server for sharing geospatial data it publishes data from any major spatial data source using open standards;
UBUNTU - one of the leading Linux-based open source operating systems (all of the above software products work flawlessly in UBUNTU!).