AquaMOD Ltd provides a wide range of field surveys and documentary studies for technical data gathering in regard to water supply and sewer (drainage) systems.
All technical surveys are carried out in accordance with the good engineering practices in EU and a number of standards such as MSCC (Manual of Sewer Condition Classification by WRc) , BS EN 13508-2 and others.
The field surveys aim at providing reliable data for hydraulic modelling (model building and model verification), for system designing and for carrying out standard structural / conditional assessments of water supply and sewer systems.
AquaMOD Ltd offers all types of expert services in regard to the standard manhole survey (MS). We strictly follow the internationally adopted best practices, the WRc's MSCC and EN 13508-2. The MS can be executed in several stages in accordance to the Client's specific needs:
- MS planning and managing – campaign scale definition in accordance to the project specifics, expert selection of manholes and compound structures for surveying, development of custom procedures for manhole survey and management (maps, site sheets, measurement rules, H&S requirements, quality control flow charts, etc.), human and technical resources estimation, development of GANTT charts for campaign execution and many more. We can provide expertise in developing tender procedures requirements and technical assignments as part of contracts;
- MS campaign execution – AquaMOD Ltd executes full-scale MS campaigns. The standard survey includes detailed geometric measurements of manhole/structure interior, site conditions, operational condition, structural defects, evidence of flow pressurizing, infiltration, vermin, toxic environment and so on. Additionally, a geodetic survey might be carried out in parallel to the MS to provide exact X, Y, Z coordinates. We execute the MS campaigns in strict compliance with Bulgarian and EU H&S requirements;
- MS campaign results digitization, data integration, and engineering evaluation – we provide a wide range of technical solutions in converting the field data into usable and transferable digital data sets, which are suitable for further integration with GIS or other corporate RDBMS. AquaMOD Ltd conducts a comprehensive engineering analysis to determine the data quality and the compliance with contracted specifics. All structural defects are coded in accordance with the WRc's MSCC and EN 13508-2 (or others if required by the Client).
AquaMOD Ltd provides a range of expert technical services in collecting field data about the surfaces that form a sewerage catchment area.
We use a specially developed methodology based on the UK's engineering practice and fully compatible with InfoWorks CS and InfoWorks ICM (INNOVYZE®). The study aims at collecting and analysing field data about every surface within a given drainage area - type, quality and its potential to generate collectible runoff. As a result, the Client receives a GIS-enabled database suitable for automated analysis and geospatial data extraction for hydraulic modelling, designing, investment planning and much more. AquaMOD Ltd executes the survey as a whole, but also it can be carried out at stages in accordance to the Client's needs:
- IAS planning – survey scale definition in accordance to the Client's needs – either pilot area studies (the results can be transferred onto the entire drainage area using statistical and geospatial techniques) or detailed survey of the entire catchment area. Human and technical resources estimation, GANTT charts, custom technical documentation – maps, procedure books for survey execution, special GIS tools for on-site data collection and so on. We offer a complete expert service in preparing technical specifications for tender procedures and contracts;
- IAS management – technical audits on IAS execution based on specific requirements in ongoing contracts, active quality control on field data and final results, active management of field surveying teams and much more;
- IAS execution – AquaMOD Ltd conducts all types of IAS campaigns. We are ready to provide qualified field surveying teams capable of gathering high-quality field data – surface type and quality, runoff potential and existing connection to sewers, unknown sewer branches, gullies, etc. Also, additional data could be gathered on the site such as building types (residential, administrative, production facilities, etc), building connections to sewers (exact number and locations), additional sources of non-domestic inflows, etc.
- IAS data management - all field data is digitized and/or analyzed at our office using contemporary GIS technology. The final results are fully compatible with InfoWorks CS and InfoWorks ICM (INNOVYZE®) and ready for ATO (Area Take-Off). AquaMOD Ltd offers a number of technical solutions for data transformation, data integration into existing corporate GIS and/or other information systems.
AquaMOD Ltd offers expert services in planning, executing and preparing technical documentation of flow survey (FS) campaigns for water supply and sewer (drainage) systems. We have gained extensive experience in using various FS equipment – ultrasonic free surface flow meters (ADS, American SIGMA, NIVUS, HYDREKA, etc.), ultrasonic and electromagnetic flow meters for pressurized flows (HYDREKA, SEBAKMT, etc.), automatic rain gauges (HYDREKA, GREENSPAN, etc.), various pressure loggers, level sensors, portable velocity meters and many more.
We have developed powerful software applications for data processing and data analysing for hydraulic and hydrological measurements, which are based on our extensive experience gained over the years. Hence, we can offer a high level of flexibility and business integration capabilities in every project.
Currently, we offer the following FS services:
- Planning of short and long term FS campaigns for sewer (drainage) systems – for hydraulic model calibration (verification), for general drainage area planning, etc. We offer survey scale definition in accordance with the model type and its final purpose, expert selection of FS sites using engineering condition assessment, expert selection of measuring equipment, human and technical resources estimation, technical specification development for tender procedures and contracts and so on. AquaMOD Ltd uses a special methodology based on the good engineering practice in the United Kingdom.
- Planning of short and long term FS campaigns for water supply systems – for hydraulic model calibration (verification), for a development of general water supply schemes, for PMA and leakage control programs. We offer survey scale definition in accordance with the model type and its final purpose, expert selection of FS sites using engineering condition assessment, expert selection of measuring equipment, human and technical resources estimation, technical specification development for tender procedures and contracts and so on. AquaMOD Ltd uses a special methodology based on the good engineering practice in the United Kingdom.
- FS campaign execution and management – procedure book development in accordance with the campaign specifics and Client's requirements, quality control on FS site inspections and equipment installation, interim data quality analysis and reporting, H&S compliance auditing and much more;
- Engineering data analysis – initial data processing (format transformations, time series synchronization due to inconsistent clock settings, cleaning of artificial local extremal readings, etc.), data validation against theoretical calculations, field data and historical event data, statistical data processing, hydraulic reaction assessment on extreme events (intensive rainfall events, transient flow conditions, operating regime changes during measurement, etc.), FS data integration into hydraulic models and / or other corporate information systems, etc.;
- Engineering data analysis of rainfall measurement results – initial data processing (format transformations, time series synchronization due to inconsistent clock settings, etc.), complex data quality assessment, geospatial analysis for rainfall area distribution and consistency, statistical parameters calculation for rainfall events (intensity, duration, frequency, accumulated depth, etc.), general suitability assessment for hydraulic model calibration / verification purposes, etc.
All of the above services could be carried out independently or as a complete set in accordance to the Client's needs.
AquaMOD Ltd provides expert services in planning, managing and analysing of CCTV field surveys for sewer (drainage) systems, in accordance to MSCC (Manual of Sewer Condition Classification на WRc ) and BS EN13508-1(2):
- Planning of CCTV campaigns – definition of the field surveying scale and expert choice of sewer branches based on specific requirements and/or advanced sewer criticality analysis, procedure book development, human and technical resources assessment, GANTT charts development, preparation of technical specifications and requirements as part of tender procedure and contracts;
- CCTV survey results analysis – video files inspection and defect coding using the MSCC (Manual of Sewer Condition Classification на WRc ) and BS EN13508-2, structural condition score calculation;
- CCTV survey results data integration - we offer a number of technical solutions for video and attribute data integration into corporate GIS and other information systems in accordance to the Client's specific needs.
IMPORTANT: Currently AquaMOD Ltd does not conduct the actual video inspection on site - we co-operate with sub-contractors!